Cdrom doesnt work after Roxio install

Status
Not open for further replies.

pprkut

Beta member
Operating system: Windows ME

Installed a cd with pictures and video on it. Person who made the cd used some sort of Roxio software to make the cd. After viewing the pictures, the cdrom drive cant be accessed. It shows up under my computer, but it will not read cds.

does anyone know how to fix?

First, upgrade your operating system, ME is the worse windows OS out there now.
Get Win2k, much better.

Try uninstalling al the stuff of of that CD and se what happens. If not well, try installing newer drivers with the cd-rom, cause the whatever file on it may have scred uyp the present ones.

other then that, i guess try the cd-rom on another computer to see if it is the acual drive, or just something screwed up on the computer itself

In my personal experience Roxio has screwed up every comp my friends or I have installed it on. I uninstalled it, had to do a major repair on my 98 and reinstalled my adaptec easy cd creator 4... my friends with xp, win2k and xp pro didn't fair much better with the Roxio 5 and up. The program froze their burners and ended up needing a professional to come in (in two cases) and repair the OS after the damage caused. I just avoid roxio completely now.

ok well I have that one and have used it on my laptop, still using roxio on desktop with no problems, but did have problems when I tried to install the platium version, just thought maybe there was another program other than nero that people really liked.
thx.

Agree. Get rid of Roxio and get Nero.

As far as your drive working again, uninstall Roxio and reboot. See if that helps. if not, go into device manager/hardware profiles and delete that cd drive. Then reboot and your hardware auto detect wizard should detect it and put it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom