CDRoast - Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoto512

Baseband Member
Hi People,

This is for anyone with experience using CDRoast.

I'm trying to use CDRoast to back up files through DOS. I choose the option of creating the ISO file then burning to CD. The software creates the ISO OK, but on burning to CD, the software "blinks" then simply returns to the main screen without doing anything. I'm trying to burn to an AOPEN CDRW4852.

Should I just assume that the CDRW is not supported?

Cheers,

Kyoto

I( think to burn a cd iso file you need a CD-R or CD+R I dont think you can do it with a CD-RW.

Sorry, I mean perhaps my CD burner isn't supported by CDRoast. I'm using a CDR disc but it's not working.

Cheers,

Kyoto

it could be that your cd burner is not supported but if you have ever gotten it to burn a cd using that same software then it is supported and the problem must lie elsewhere.

also it could be poor programming of the cdroast software. i have never used cdroast for dos, it caught my attention because of xcdroast from linux, i guess somebody stole it from linux just like how windows is a knockoff of the original Xwindow system in linux.

the third thing could be that dos is too lame to run anything not because its console but because of its programmers. somehow they cant seem to make any software that does not have a serious bug that would allow a remote attacker to gain complete control over the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom