.CDI file extraction help. PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away for quite some time now and finally got around to trying your solutions but neither worked, unfortunately. A weird problem occurs now. I have mounted the file (on a virtual drive of course) and the good news is, that I can see the files. The bad news is, the file is 792 MB but when I explore the contents all 90 files are 1 KB in size. So when I attempt to extract it using windows, it doesn't work.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/ThE_DoOmSdAyEr/CDI.jpg

get us more details on the file. where did you download it? what is it for? it looks like your music cd association program took it over.

The files are sound effects from Sony for music and movie production. Another funny thing happening is, when I explore the contents and double-click one of the files, they open in iTunes. And, instead of having "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. etc., it shows the correct name and length of the file (in iTunes) and plays flawlessly. Now in iTunes, under "devices", the name of the device is "V27-Sound Effects". I've never seen or encountered anything so complicated before. Isn't CDI a Dreamcast image/game? All I want to do is extract the **** files, is that so bad?

windows does not recognize music cd files. macs do. that's expalin why itunes see it. you can drag and drop a cd file with a mac. with windows you need a ripper. open a ripper program like db poweramp and wmp and rip it to wave files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom