.CDI file extraction help. PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
Before I start explaining the issue, I just want to say that for the past 16 hours (yes really) I've been searching and searching google for answers but nothing helps. I've been to all the other forums I could find that try to explain what to do with them but none of them tell you how to extract it. I've followed their directions and burned them to a DVD but it's still the same file extension. So, I've come here in the hopes of finding the answer.

Anyway, I downloaded a CDI file with nothing but audio files on it but I have no idea how to extract them. I've used IsoBuster, DiscJuggler, PowerISO and MagicISO to try and extract but nothing did the trick. IsoBuster just shows me the file with no contents, and when I hit extract, it extracts the same file (.CDI) to the folder specified. DiscJuggler doesn't do anything but burn them (unless I've missed something) as the same file (still .CDI). PowerISO doesn't recognize it (even though the .CDI extension is supported) and won't mount it. MagicISO does the same thing as PowerISO. I need these files for my music production. Any of you guys ever ran into this situation?

Oops I forgot about Nero. Yes I have used Nero, but it burned the raw file. Also, I should have mentioned that in the so-called "help file" that came with the download, there was a totally vague installation explanation. "burn the files and you get cda"......... WHAT?!?!

What about burngin it with CDBurnerXP or trying Alcohol 120%?

Ok, will try both of those. But quick question first. Do you think that "burn the files and you get cda" (while "CDA" means Compact Disc Audio) means to burn it using Windows? You know, like, pop in a blank DVD, and exit the blank disc wizard and then go to "My Computer" and drag the file to the blank disc and burn it that way? While burning it converts it to CDA???? Wow, sounds like thats hardly the answer. Just a thought.

I had a cdi file once. it was years ago. I think that I used isobuster to extract it

You might have something there Max. But most of the time i used something to crack it open and get the files. Most of the time i think it was Alcohol 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom