CD-RW ,Windows XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billzebud

Solid State Member
I was asked this question on another forum and not knowing the answer myself thought maybe you guys could give me some clue as to the problem.unfortunately the original poster was offline when I read this so I do not have any more info as to what she has for a computer or as to what brand of cdr/w she has ,will try to get more info if needed.any ideas would be welcome.

T.I.A. Billzebud

I upgraded to Windows XP recently. Now, whenever I first insert a blank CD into my CD-RW drive, my PC stops responding for about 45 seconds. Then everything is back to normal. What's wrong?

That could be from a few things... First I would start by checking the device manager for any errors you might have.

What software are you using for the burning ?
You can also check for hardware conflicts.

I would check the Systems Event Viewer for any error related to the burner,(Right Click my computer, manage. Then System tool, event viewer, system)
I would also try uninstalling the cd-rw(From Device manager), and then re-installing it, and updating to the latest drivers.

PhillipBelcher said:
I would check the Systems Event Viewer for any error related to the burner,(Right Click my computer, manage. Then System tool, event viewer, system)
I would also try uninstalling the cd-rw(From Device manager), and then re-installing it, and updating to the latest drivers.

Good thinking Phillip.

PhillipBelcher said:

don't forget to uninstall the ide drivers. it will take the cd rw drive drivers with it. reboot the computer.

sometime the dma mode get jacked up

It could be windowsXP just searching the disc. You know when you insert a disc, XP will give you a dialog box asking what you want to do with it? Well, i would guess that that could be a problem.

Find out the specs of the computer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom