CD-RW Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayWolf

In Runtime
What's up everyone,

Here's my issue. I have formatted a CD-RW on a computer that we'll call comp 1. Everything went well and I was able to copy my files over and everything. When I try and bring up the contents of the CD-RW on another computer (we'll call comp 2) nothing happens! Windows acts like there isn't any media in the drive to begin with! However when I try the CD-RW in another computer (Comp 3) everything shows up fine W/ out an issue.

Comp 1 and 2 are both on XP PRO comp 3 is on XP Home.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

How old is the CD reader in comp2 and how old of rw media did you use to burn the cd?

When CD-rw's first came out, there was compatability issues in which only a CD-rw drive could read a RW disc. They fixed it I believe on the disc end, but I'm not positive.

Try reading it in a different RW drive (or taking the RW drive out of comp1 and putting it in comp2)

I've had that problem with my laptop and Linux box before I made it XP. I would say that the drives dead or dying slowly. At least that's what happened with mine. It would read normal CDs ok. But as soon as you put in a CD-RW it would act like there was nothing there. Then it followed with not reading CD-Rs. It was a sad but true story.

google adaptec udf reader and install it. why did you format the cd-rw?
nobody does that anymore. it is more compatible if you burn it as a data cd.

I use to format cd-rw when i use to p2p. that way if i caught a virus, it was stuck on the cd and not my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom