Cd-Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia2M

Baseband Member
Hi
I am trying to burn a video file onto a cd-room.First it would say that there was not cd in drive, it would read only writen ones, then I have gone to start up and unticked averything but the antivirus and yahoo messenger.Now it says E:\ is not accesible-Incorrect function.
I also have an external dvd writer but does read the cd-room either, and yes I have try more than one cd.
Thanks

You need to use a program, such as Nero to burn the files. You cannot open an empty CD using explorer, unless you're using XP Professional.

By the way, it's CD-ROM, not.

most drives will only read writen cds and wont open up empty. it not accesible because there is no data on it. some drives open it up and you just see a blank screen.

why are you trying to read a blank cd? as you wrote it would only read written cds.

Because as I said in my post I am trying to burn a file on a blank cd.I have done millions of times and it says it not accessible when I try to put the data in it

So you ARE using a burning program right? and still no luck? If you run any games that use starforce that can screw up your Cd and DVD Roms I've seen more dead drives since starforce came out. Not that that is your problem just thought I'd bring it up. Also check your cables and you can also go to BIOS and reset it to the defaults.

I fixed it, very simple properties/recording/enable recording on this drive, thanks anyway, have you read the thread named adobe i am really having a hard time with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom