Cd rom not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niobe1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone I am very new to the forum.I am glad I found it and hopefully I can get some help on this problem:D
I have an NEC laptop versa 4080.I have been haveing problems with the cd rom not playing audio cd's. It detects the cd but I have no audio.The cd player is A toshiba.Everything else works ok.If I need to download from the cd to the computer it works just fine just no audio.Everyhting seems to be in place.Checked the cd audio level on the controll panel and its in the middle.Speakers are working on the laptop.I get sound from other functions the laptop has but no audio from the cd.
Any info would be appreciated..
Thank you Niobe:D

Niobe1 said:
Hello everyone I am very new to the forum.I am glad I found it and hopefully I can get some help on this problem:D
I have an NEC laptop versa 4080.I have been haveing problems with the cd rom not playing audio cd's. It detects the cd but I have no audio.The cd player is A toshiba.Everything else works ok.If I need to download from the cd to the computer it works just fine just no audio.Everyhting seems to be in place.Checked the cd audio level on the controll panel and its in the middle.Speakers are working on the laptop.I get sound from other functions the laptop has but no audio from the cd.
Any info would be appreciated..
Thank you Niobe:D

Have you installed or uninstalled any audio software or any other software?

No.I havent installed or uninstalled anything.The only thing I did was to take out the cd rom and put in the 3.5 to check it out.
I wanted to make sure everything worked and when I put back the cd rom back in it wouldnt play the audio cd's.This laptop has the intechangable cd rom or the 3.5.
Both still work just fine but no audio on the cd.
I bought this laptop used and really dont have any info on it but I would like to get it working.Thanks again for any info.Niobe:D

Niobe1 said:
No.I havent installed or uninstalled anything.The only thing I did was to take out the cd rom and put in the 3.5 to check it out.
I wanted to make sure everything worked and when I put back the cd rom back in it wouldnt play the audio cd's.This laptop has the intechangable cd rom or the 3.5.
Both still work just fine but no audio on the cd.
I bought this laptop used and really dont have any info on it but I would like to get it working.Thanks again for any info.Niobe:D

And you have totally ruled out a bad connection

Under your audio options, make sure your digital audio tab is uncheck. Under your control panel, explore your sound options and make sure everything is set properly. Same as your sound playing software if you have any. Did you install SP2 recently. I know that there are some issues with some manufacturers regarding the sound so if it is the case, check your manufacturers web site for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom