Cd rom not playing - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Cd rom not playing

Hello everyone I am very new to the forum.I am glad I found it and hopefully I can get some help on this problem
I have an NEC laptop versa 4080.I have been haveing problems with the cd rom not playing audio cd's. It detects the cd but I have no audio.The cd player is A toshiba.Everything else works ok.If I need to download from the cd to the computer it works just fine just no audio.Everyhting seems to be in place.Checked the cd audio level on the controll panel and its in the middle.Speakers are working on the laptop.I get sound from other functions the laptop has but no audio from the cd.
Any info would be appreciated..
Thank you Niobe

Old 09-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Cd rom not playing

Quote:
Originally posted by Niobe1
Hello everyone I am very new to the forum.I am glad I found it and hopefully I can get some help on this problem
I have an NEC laptop versa 4080.I have been haveing problems with the cd rom not playing audio cd's. It detects the cd but I have no audio.The cd player is A toshiba.Everything else works ok.If I need to download from the cd to the computer it works just fine just no audio.Everyhting seems to be in place.Checked the cd audio level on the controll panel and its in the middle.Speakers are working on the laptop.I get sound from other functions the laptop has but no audio from the cd.
Any info would be appreciated..
Thank you Niobe
Have you installed or uninstalled any audio software or any other software?

Old 09-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No.I havent installed or uninstalled anything.The only thing I did was to take out the cd rom and put in the 3.5 to check it out.
I wanted to make sure everything worked and when I put back the cd rom back in it wouldnt play the audio cd's.This laptop has the intechangable cd rom or the 3.5.
Both still work just fine but no audio on the cd.
I bought this laptop used and really dont have any info on it but I would like to get it working.Thanks again for any info.Niobe
Old 09-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No.I havent installed or uninstalled anything.The only thing I did was to take out the cd rom and put in the 3.5 to check it out.
I wanted to make sure everything worked and when I put back the cd rom back in it wouldnt play the audio cd's.This laptop has the intechangable cd rom or the 3.5.
Both still work just fine but no audio on the cd.
I bought this laptop used and really dont have any info on it but I would like to get it working.Thanks again for any info.Niobe
And you have totally ruled out a bad connection
Old 09-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Any Ideas?
Old 09-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Any Ideas?
Think you will have better luck in the pc audio & multimedia forum
Old 09-20-2004, 02:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Under your audio options, make sure your digital audio tab is uncheck. Under your control panel, explore your sound options and make sure everything is set properly. Same as your sound playing software if you have any. Did you install SP2 recently. I know that there are some issues with some manufacturers regarding the sound so if it is the case, check your manufacturers web site for info.

P4 2.8 GHz
2 X 512 MHz PC3200 in dual DDR mode
Intel D865PERL MOBO
integrated 6.1 MAX audio
Logitech duo MX mouse and KB
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Closed Thread