CD-ROM DVD-RW Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

infin8

Beta member
Well this is my first post so please bear with me. I got on my PC one day and tried to burn a CD but to my surprise the computer has no idea that it has a DVD-RW and/or CD-ROM drive. I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 and an ASUS CD-S400/A CD-ROM I realize that I need to re-install the drivers but without the drives the application disks that SONY sent with the computer can't be read. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

No drivers required for these drives the OS should detect them.

Go into device manager and see if they are listed and if they are UNINSTALL them then reboot.

If they aren't listed use the 'Add Hardware' applet.

If that doesn't find them reboot and go into your BIOS to see if the BIOS is picking them up.

Report back with more info after doing above.

I did that, it didn't work there is a yellow exclimation point next to each drive when I went into 'device manager'. It said that the configuration info was incomplete or damaged.

Thanks for the tip, it worked to bring my CD-ROM and DVD-RW back but, now when I try to burn anything either the program can't recognize that there is a blank disk in the drive or that the drive is not turned on, on the filp side it will read DVD's or CD's w/ info on them already. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom