CD-ROM driver or SP2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
I just finished my long awaited gaming rig 2 days go. Everything runs fine except that when I put in media into my dvd burner drive it doesnt autorun. i have to manually go through "My Computer" etc. I checked the drivers for the device and their the most recent one. It only leaves me with one thing left. I am using an original copy of XP pre SP1. if i install SP2, will it correct this problem???

no you have to figure out what program disable it. power iso and vmware does it

EricB said:
no you have to figure out what program disable it. power iso and vmware does it

but it worked fine before in my old PC. on my new build i took out the dvd burner and installed it on my new one. and it never did this before.

EDIT: i just installed SP2, restarted, popped in a CD, and it autoran. i knew it had something to do with SP2.

KNiGHTMaRe89 said:
but it worked fine before in my old PC. on my new build i took out the dvd burner and installed it on my new one. and it never did this before.

EDIT: i just installed SP2, restarted, popped in a CD, and it autoran. i knew it had something to do with SP2.

sp1 has autorun too. when you installed sp2, you just enable the feature again. now if you install a program like like power iso or vmware, you will disable it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom