Cd Rom Cannot Be Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman33

Beta member
I have transfered my hardrive to another PC and it works Ok but it will not see the CD drive. I have checked in the Bios and it reads it OK It appears windows cannot see the drive. i am running Windows 98.

i also tried a usb memory stick and it does not see that either

I cannot wipe the hard drive as it has some programmes on that I need

Please any help welcome:(

Chris

Well check device manager to see if it is recognizing the driver. If it isn't then just install the driver from a disk, or go to the home page of the maker and download it.

Try to remove IDE Secondary Channel from your device manager (while in SafeMode), then restart. Windows should redetect the IDE channgel and hopefully your CDROM as well.

As far as a USB stick being plug and play in Windows 98... i've never had it work without having to install some driver. Check the USB Stick's manufacturers site for win98 drivers.

check to see if all connections are in tacked. as for the usb stick u should dload the driver because 98 does not have the drivers to support these devices

try my computer propterties-manage, it has an option on what do you want to see and what you dont. try diskpart in cmd, it will change drive letter of your cd drive, sometimes windows does not show the drive, b/c two drive has a same letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom