Cd Required Gaming Problems, Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gunslinger

Beta member
Hi,

I'm new to these forums so forgive me if i have missed anything that's required.

I have problem with my system, that ANY game that requires a CD to be in the drive to run the game, won't work.

It will ask for the cd, I can put the cd in, it will then start to load (displaying the splash loading screen) and then simply disappear, nothing will happen, the process will simply vanish from task manager.

I've tried using the autorun from the cd first aswell, no change.

I have no idea how to solve this. The cd drive(s) themseleves work absolutely fine, I can run DVD's, Audio's, explore, use setup files etc. Absolutely everything works the way it should, except when I use a game that requires a CD.

Looking foward to your help,

Cheers,

Gunslinger

Check for a hardware conflict under Device Manager. Check driver details under the player that has the problems, check to see if all of the drivers are signed by Microsoft. If not try using Automatic Updates from Microsoft.

Is your CD-ROM running in PIO mode? You'll see whether or not if it is under the secondary IDE channel, assuming your HD's are all under the primary IDE channel. To find the IDE channels go under the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" section of Device Manager.

That's some common problems, maybe try updating your drivers for the CD-ROM? Is this a recent problem or has this always happened?

Hi, thanks for the help.

Thanks for your suggestion. After going through them, and everything else i could find. I found that the ATI Tool was conflicting with it. After removing this program from startup, the games would run fine. So problem solved.

For future reference, if anyone has a similar problem

Try a clean boot by removing all startup programs, system.ini and win.ini from msconfig (start > run> msconfig> General) and then it's trial and error to see what conflicts.

Hmm, good info. Kinda awkward how it would be something conflicting but not even remotely related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom