cd protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfire48

Beta member
Im looking for a program to keep my files private on a cd and i was wondering if there is a program out like a random pw generator that gives the list of pws and everytime someone has to use the program they would have to come to me, i want it to me random so if i give the pw to one person they woulndt copy the cd and give the pw to everyone so if its random itll just be better. it would also be great if it was free or even a trial? :confused:

What'a you mean?

Explain yo' self! I kind of understand what you mean but...

If this program is on a CD, you cannot alter data on it...so (like you said?) it would have to be a set list of passwords embedded on the CD. The information would have to be encrypted, but the part I don't know how could be done: a random password? You could set up an encryption utility to have a random of the set passwords, but then you'd pretty much have to guess what password it is...so unless I'm missing something: not possible.

Now if you put it on the web, this would be easy with PHP :)

-X

i was thinking like each password can be assigned a number and then when it ask for the password it will tell me the number then i can look at my list and find the password that was assigned the number... would that work
?

the file is to big to be put on a website

~sry for double posting if thats what im doing or anything other rule im going agasint~

mm, but how would the password selection be set? I mean...if it was truely random, all you'd have to do is close/restart the application or whatever requested the password, until it got to a number that they knew/where told by someone? Unless you had a HUGE list of passwords/numbers? But it's still possible, "close/open/close/open/etc".

And if you have high speed Inet, you can set up your own server (apache is good!), with php & mysql fairly easily...and "serve" them right off your computer...then do all the protection you said, with ease. But other than that, I still don't see the CD working! :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom