CD/DVD Recording Software Unstable Error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
ok heres the problem: every boot up a message saying,
Devices or applications disabled
CD Recording software will cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading. Click here for more details.
is displayed and when u click details it gives list of websites (microsoft, roxio, real) to go to update drivers.
Click here for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315345
The only recording software originally on the computer was Sonic MyDVD and another Sonic RecordNOw thing and i uninstalled both of these and followed the guide (click the link above) and still the message is displayed at every startup. There are errors when trying to burn related to this message. THere has never been any roxio software either. Any ideas?

start, run type msconfig, startup tab, disable everything except you antivirus and reboot. More than likely there is still a startup entry for those.

Thanx Warez Monster but I've already tried that with no luck .. if i dont find out soon enuf i think the best option is a repair

Why dont you try installing roxio easy media creator 7 basic which is free and update it. Then see if you still get the same error message.

hmm why do u say that? this computer has never had roxio on it or does windows have it or sumthin because i think ive read that sumwher???

no never had a program like that on ther either.. does windows media player use roxio to burn cds?

i found the culprit file.. by going into help and support and analysing computer for obselete drivers and it found cdr4vsd.sys from media player 9 and wen service pack 2 upgraded it musnt like that file and kept displayin that message. thanx for ur help tho everyone! stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom