CD drives driver problems. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altec

Beta member
Ok I hopped on my pc after school just yesterday and everything was running fine. Then I brought up Battlefield 1942 (a game) and it rebooted my pc. I knew that wasnt good. My sound didnt work after that, but that was easy to fix, but now all of my cd devices, both my virtual ones, and my ROM and RW have the error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" And every time I try to uninstall and reinstall the devices it just gives me the same error. Is there cool drives that Id be interested in? and sinse these are my CD devices its hard to use cd's to dl info such as drivers onto my hardisk =/. Im fairly compitent on a compter so plase tel me whats going on, This sucks. Here are my stats if they are needed.
OS=Win XP Pro
CPU=1.8 gig AMD
RAM=512 mb SD
Graphics= GeForce4 440 64mb
Sound=Sound Blaster live 5.1
Direct X version= 8.1
any more info needed ill be glad to submit it.

I'm having a little bit of trouble following that however we can start troubleshooting it and see what happens.

I would start by checking your power and ide cables. Ensure that they are properly connected to the back of the drive(s) and on the ide channel ports on the motherdrive.

From there, check the status of the drives in your device manager.

Please reply if that doesn't get you anywhere.

Yeah I have done al that. Everything relating to hardware is fine, but the drivers are corrupt or somthing idiotic like that. "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" Thats what it says when I go to the properties in device manager. I have four Drives, two which are fake, and One real RW and one real rom, but al four have the same error. I tried searching for some drivers on my computer ( Worth a try ) and it came up with the standard thing sayiong it couldnt find any better then the ones I have installed. Heh they arent too good if they're corrupt are they? And of course my toaster does more for me than windows troubleshooter =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom