CD covers in Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dez

Beta member
When burning an audio CD in Nero using a cue file, does anyone know a way for a CD cover to be automatically produced rather than having to manually type in all the artists / titles

Thanks

when you burn the Audio CD, if the songs intially are named (when they are saved on your hdd), then Nero will recognize these names, if not, then type the song name and the author name when you add these files to Nero.

When your done naming them, click on More on the bottom of the screen and click on Cover Designer.
Cover Designer should then automatically recognize the names
(preferably, choose Audio CD Cover)
You can then change the time format, the order of appearence, the color, the font...

Hope this helped

Rawan AbuSalman said:
when you burn the Audio CD, if the songs intially are named (when they are saved on your hdd), then Nero will recognize these names, if not, then type the song name and the author name when you add these files to Nero.

When your done naming them, click on More on the bottom of the screen and click on Cover Designer.
Cover Designer should then automatically recognize the names
(preferably, choose Audio CD Cover)
You can then change the time format, the order of appearence, the color, the font...

Hope this helped

Musicmatch does this automatically

I am burning 1 big MP3 file and splitting this into several tracks (using a cue file) so I each song I am burning does not have its own individual MP3 file (and name)

Okay, that's an odd way of making a CD. Anyway, you've got a unique scenario and I think you're going to have to just type out those names. Nero can only recognize and parse the names of individual tracks. If those tracks contain multiple songs in the single mp3 file, and you haven't given them titles that reflect the contents, Nero can't know the difference. It's not magic.

And EricB, he's looking for help with Nero, he doesn't need an advert.

ShoobieRat said:

Okay, that's an odd way of making a CD. Anyway, you've got a unique scenario and I think you're going to have to just type out those names. Nero can only recognize and parse the names of individual tracks. If those tracks contain multiple songs in the single mp3 file, and you haven't given them titles that reflect the contents, Nero can't know the difference. It's not magic.

What?

I was just telling him to use musicmatch, because it automatically name the tracks everytime. nero makes you type their names. I missed the .cue part. but that is none of your business. keep your stupid comments to yourself

ShoobieRat said:

OK thanks. The cue file does contain the names of the artists and titles so when you play the CD on a stereo, the titles do appear on the display of the stereo. Therefore Nero does know the titles so thought there would be a way to put them in the cover designer.

ShoobieRat said:

Okay, that's an odd way of making a CD.

I'm recording music from a DJ mixer onto my PC. It just records as 1 WAV or MP3 file. I then use a cue file to burn the CD with track marks in

EricB said:
What?

I was just telling him to use musicmatch, because it automatically name the tracks everytime. nero makes you type their names. I missed the .cue part. but that is none of your business. keep your stupid comments to yourself
Nero does parse the files, that was the point (the cue file is just one way to do it). You have to have the files setup correctly in the first place, with at the least a proper ID tag. Back when I used to use MusicMatch (before it became total crap and I found other programs), if you didn't have the files setup a certain way, it would mess them up too. I'm sure nothing's changed, and if the mp3 is not even named correctly, MM won't magically know what it is.

It's all about knowing how to use the application, whether it's Nero or MM.

If he's got a problem with Nero, help him with Nero. Don't just ignore the problem and point him to some other application. Especially when it's not a dead-end problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom