a cascade of problems, driving me nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the dvd rom is installed in the Docking station? Just so I'm clear...
The docuing station looks like this one?
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...urrId=73&categoryId=2581897&productId=8589593
of this one?
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...urrId=73&categoryId=2581897&productId=8582164

have you considered something like this?
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/uscat.nsf/$wwwpartnumlookup/_08N1180?opendocument&sourcesite=webcollage
it's a really geat way to get mor functionality out of the little X20...

yup, dvd is in the docking station as is floppy , mouse , printer and monitor. the second one of the top two looks like a good bet fr buying but as alway i am poorer than an animal that has never even heard of money, okay that stretching the possiblty of analogyies but you know what i mean.

the last one looksmore like mine than the other two but it probably isnt it.

oh i've developed more problems if interested still, jesus will it ever end #'@/?

dvd still intermitent. so reckon if i can get software for cable installed on its lucky reads will be sorted as interent scanning and downloading can probably iron this out and get that last pci slot sorted as well as what this "other" device is exactly.

managed to get cable installed but now it is giving me grief: at the final stage it cant create the network arrangment via win 2000 but the software is all there and it skips this stage.

doesnt recognise either the username or password but i think they are right. What i do find is that on internet wizard connect at stagetwo of the processes it effecfcitvly forces itself close "Internet conection wizard not complete are you sure you want to close" I click no and it bring up the same screen. I have to close it in the end.

Oh jesus h....

will try downloading a few win 2000 updates onto other computer on to usb pen drive and transfer on to laptop that way. i hope the pen is mightier than the cable modem sword, so to speak!

the canble is usb adsl through a phone line

just to clarify and maybe i am particularily dumb but it is step 3 of 3 of configuring computer with internet connection wizard. Im trying to do the modm as a lan connection doing it manually as this at least gets me to step 3 - it aks for a name of the connection: one character that isnt a space and not begin with a eriod: so i put connection to 708 and it says not a valid name - ive tried lots of combinations but doestn exxcept. am i missing something obvious here?

if i try sign up for new interent acccount at step 1 it asks if i wat to close as it hasnt finished. no of course i dont i never asked you to you damn thing. press no and it just brings it up again.... referal service phone number is as close as it gets.

there is a simple reaon for this isnt there - im just a virgin techie you know ;)

did you get a configuration disk from the DSL provider? DSL requires that you configure the PPPoE interface. You do hae that information correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom