Hi, i should never touch computers - the hand of death.
Some problems i would appreciate advise on, please help!]
Have a laptop IBM thinkpad - pretty old.
installed windows 2000 (not the best quality cd of it either) - missed two files on instal but seemed fine...
1. if i go to win 2000 help and click on something i get internet exploreer scipt error line 519, 9 Object doesnt support this property or method then gives a url and asks if want to run script i say yes, the link isnt accessed!
2. Add/remove programmes either wont load up or generates an exe error - not good
3. My DVD is intermitenntly and rarely registering. It is in a docking bay and may be corrupted
4. The modem seems lost to the wind also but i think i can sort this out
5. Device manager seems to say that the ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller, pci serial port and "unkown device" are problems/ without drivers
I've been struggling for a long time and am losing serious sleep. Is there any advice apart from never touch computers !