Capture from DVD-ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello tech forum! I would like to know if there is software out there that will allow me to capture video directly from my DVD-ROM drive on my PC? So say I am watching Kill Bill on my PC via the DVD-ROM Drive is there a way to capture the video coming out of my Cyber Link Power DVD software?

I have several home videos I need to edit that are DVD's. I think this would be much quicker than converting all the VOB files or bringing the entire DVD into say Windows Movie Maker. I just need to record a small clip say maybe 5 sec. Thanks!

Hmmmm.... Good question. Do you have a record feature on power dvd? If you do, you could maybe record the 5 seconds. Other than that, I dont know if there is a way. i would imagine you need some sort of third party utility to break the movie down into chapters and then take what you need from there. You may have to backup your entire dvd first, take what you want, and delete the rest. I'm sorry I couldnt be more help, but video editing isnt my bag.
-Bones

Since this is on the border of many outcomes, all of which are illegal, I gotta ask...what's the purpose of stripping the movie out of the DVD?

I deleted this post due to the almost blatent, yet unintentional, start at a needless argument

The concept of "backing up" DVDs is a weak argument at best, so we won't go there.

If he's making clips and giving them to anyone else but himself, it's illegal.

ShoobieRat said:
The concept of "backing up" DVDs is a weak argument at best, so we won't go there.

Yes, let us not touch that. Very grey area. Please noone bring that up, I am sorry I even mentioned it.

But yeah dude, stuff like that you want to keep to and for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom