Can't Uninstall Office 2003 Trialware - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can't Uninstall Office 2003 Trialware

I just got a new Dell E1505 laptop running Vista Premium and want to get rid of the Office 2003 trialware but it won't let me uninstall it. When I try to uninstall it I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removeable disc that is not available. Insert the Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Disk and Click OK". The disc that came with my laptop says Microsoft Office SB Edition 2003 Trial (and has Trial Key) and also Microsoft Works 8.5 on the sleeve. The Disc itself just says Microsoft Works 8.5, and I would like to keep it. When I insert the disc when it asks for it during my attempt to remove Office 2003 it still can't remove it I keep getting the above error.

How can I remove it, I don't want to reformat I've already installed too many programs?
Closed Thread