Cant uninstall ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coasterama

Baseband Member
is there a way or program i can get that will uninstall a program or replace the files i need to uninstall internet explorer? Or is there something i Can change in the registry that will make it so i can install another version of ie on a different drive or somethin? It always sais program is in use by another peron or program. Also i think there is someythin wrong with my internet security or somethin look

Coasterama said:
Okay, internet explorer along with opera and firefox works but then again doesent. Alot of sites including, ubi.com, thesims2.com, macromedia.com....etc. dont work, they say verious reasons y the page cannot be displayed. I think it has somethin to do with active x and also if i try playing raven shield it wont lemme connect to ubi.com or if i try to connect to the internet through this sims 2. I cant download flash or find somewhere to get it, is there a way i can get rid of ie cause the best part is i cant uninstall it or reinstall it

Coasterama said:
could it be a security prob cause it also tells me to check the ssl stuff!!!!! god whats wrong o and is there a program i can get that will uninstall somethin? it sais it is being used by another person or program. Anything affiliated with the site wont work. Example: Raven sheild wont go online because ubi.com doesent work within a web browser

"Internet Extortion..."

You can try to uninstall IE in the Add/remove Programs Control panel, and clicking the "Windows Setup" tab, and un-checking Internet Explorer.:wooha: :question: :confused: :cool:

Here's a quick batch file that will completely remove IE's ability to access the internet and launch on your computer.

I've tested it on Win2k and WinXp with perfect results, but one person said they couldn't get IE back on XP after running this script. (Personally I think they're just stupid and didn't take the time to re-create the shortcuts). USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Anyway, here it is.

Disable IE Code:
Code:
@echo off 
C: 
cd "\Program Files\Internet Explorer" 
if not exist IEXPLORE.EXE goto End 
if exist IEXPLORE.EX_ del IEXPLORE.EX_ 
if not exist IEXPLORE.DIR md IEXPLORE.DIR 
if not exist IEXPLORE.DIR goto End 
attrib -r -h -s IEXPLORE.EXE 
ren IEXPLORE.EXE IEXPLORE.EX_ 
if exist IEXPLORE.EXE goto End 
ren IEXPLORE.DIR IEXPLORE.EXE 
echo IE disabled. 
echo If prompted, click "Cancel" then "Yes" on File Protection restore. 
echo Run enable-ie.bat to allow IE to run again. 
:End

Re-Enable IE Code:
Code:
@echo off 
C: 
cd "\Program Files\Internet Explorer" 
if not exist IEXPLORE.EX_ goto End 
if not exist IEXPLORE.EXE goto Activate 
attrib -r -h -s IEXPLORE.EXE 
rd IEXPLORE.EXE 
if exist IEXPLORE.EXE del IEXPLORE.EXE 
:Activate 
ren IEXPLORE.EX_ IEXPLORE.EXE 
echo IE enabled. 
:End

To create these batch files, paste this code into a new notepad document. Then save them as IEDISABLE.BAT and IEENABLE.BAT

Make sure to have the file type set to all files and not .txt

hey if i do this, what should i do afterwords to get everything restored....? O and also is there a program that will restore all my old internet explorer files

lol this is all that is in my ie folder
2.jpg

should there be more in the folder or what? and also i dont thin plugins are being downloaded but also i think this has to do with m whole computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom