can't send messages with outlook - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2005, 04:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default can't send messages with outlook

I get the error 554 5.71 relay access denied when using outlook with peoplestar account.

My incoming POP3 server has the same name as my outgoing SMTP server, and it looks like the problem is that the recipient can't get my message.

It says there is a protocol issue. How do I fix this?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

You will need to use web mail for email. You can use Outlook Express, Eudora, etc. but you must know about 'Pop Before You Drop' email. This means that you must check your email BEFORE you can send email using their mail servers. You must use their outgoing mail server.

In other words, if you use these email applications, just check your email address first and then everything else is normal.

If you don't use these email applications and only use web based email, then you do not need to know any of this. Everything works the same.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I did send/recieve, it reads e-mail. I can't send e-mail.
Does anybody know what I could have done when setting up outlook with peoplestar that would give me the 554 5.7.1 relay access denied error message? The recipient is sending this back.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to little_emmynem

how can i send emails through outollok expresS? whenever i send it...there is an Error Occured always........and i have an hotmail account eventhough
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.00 GHZ
ASUS P5LD2 -VM Motherboard
SEAGATE FreeAgent Pro 500GB External HDD
SEAGATE Barracuda 160 GB SATA 7200 RPM
NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series - 8500GT 256MB
ASUS lightscribe Dual-layer DVD burner
SAMSUNG ml-1610 Monochrome Printer
iBall iTower Cabinet with 400W ATX SMPS
Old 12-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I think it has to do with the e-mail services not wanting to recieve relayed messages. I didn't actually need to get this to work, so I ended up finding other stuff to mess with. You will probably have to ask hotmail or whoever to grant access for this type of thing.
Closed Thread