Can't see files

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, I extracted some modem drivers to a folder but when I use device mgr to browse to the folder, I can't see the contents. How do I solve this plz?

thx

PS.... using win 7. Folder is on my desktop.

Open Computer. There click Organize and select File and Folder options. There click View and select to show hidden files and folders.

I did that Mak and I still cant file my modem driver. Any idea why? Here is what I see

I right clicked on "PCI modem" and navigated to it that way. IS that the correct way?

thx

That is the network directory, not your PC directory.

MAk, That is my desktop, not my network directory. Notice the scroll bar in the pic being at the bottom. I just didn't put desktop in the pic. Any ideas why I can't see the files in that folder?

thx

EDIT: Here is another pic:

No that is your network. If it was your desktop it would be located under the Computer part of the tree.

Your desktop location is C:\Users\<username>\Desktop

That is not what your screenshot is showing which is why you dont see those files. You screenshot is showing a network location.

Select Computer, then Users, your username and then desktop. I bet they appear then.

Mak, without a doubt you sure know windows better than me and basically everyone here so I don't doubt you. I am confused though. Here is another pic of what I showed earlier and I selected to show what's under computer but I don't see any users listed. Sorry about this. I must be messing something up i am sure... lol I only see my drives listed and floppy drive.

thx Mak.

You need to select the C:\ Drive. Then Users.

All you did was select computer. You need to get into the C:\ Drive like my location shows. C:\Users\<username>\Desktop.

Mak, I followed your exact instructions but still ant see any files in that folders. Any ideas now?

thx MAk. Appreciate ur help.

thx

Sorry to butt in, but Mak, he's not under network. Win7 shows desktop folders under the Desktop tree; it does it in mine as well:

b5igcp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom