Can't reinstall a game (that failed during install)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Ok, this is making me pretty nutty.

Installed a game, on my 3rd CD it crashed, I think the CD was smudged. Upon trying to reinstall the game it just pops a menu to reinstall or remove it. Reinstall does nothing, it says all items reinstalled and bonks out. Remove removes the program, but must be leaving stuff in the registry. I tried to remove it from Add/remove programs (on XP Pro SP2) and it says it's removed, but stays in the list. I used "regedit" and removed every entry I could find for the game. Still, same thing. I really hate to wipe my hard disk so I can do an install of the game. Are there any freeware based programs to wipe out all remains of previously removed software? Something must be left in the registry.

Going crazy on this one, so any help is appeciated.

Bump Bump.

Anyone know of a good FREE program I can use to wipe my registry of any remnants of this game so I can reinstall it? :)

Yeah try ccleaner Download CCleaner 1.38.485 - filehippo.com once installed click "issues" on the left then click on scan, also it can delete temp internet files etc, its a great little programme, have a look at the description on the website and it lists everything it can do, ive been using it for over a year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom