cant open regidit, run,......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Stop then from doing this stuff via a GPO edit and having them be limited users. If you did not find the Registry keys via the links posted above you will not get them from someone. Google will be of more help than any user cause no user wants to be responsible for possible giving the wrong advice here and possibly be the cause for lost work cause it corrupts the OS.

I am sorry but i can not allow anyone to give advice on this. It is for your work and it is not a private PC. We will not be at the source of issue if they were to come up. We love to help but we have limits. We do not want your place of employment to have some PC's down cause of some bad Registry advice.

There are hundreds of places to get Registry advice on the net. Sadly i can not allow TF to be one of them. the Registry is not a play thing and what you are asking could be very harmful if done wrong.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,
Mak

hello !
thank you alot that advice me to do a system restore i have already done it, but just wanna gain my knowledge like i want to change registry manualy by run regedit. doing change in regedit to show or hide sth like run, search, conrole pannel, window game, accessory, ..... as my works required.
becuase at my work place there are some worker playing window game at work time or doing sth not related to work so i would like to ask your help please advise to me how do i change registry through running regedit to show or hide the object above?
thanks,
heng

Well, that's not what you said in your post. You said that you couldn't access those things and you needed help getting them back.

If you want to be able to disable some things for security reasons, check out this program. I think the free unlicensed version is usable.

hello mak!
first of all i would like to say sorry to you that make you have a hard time.
and say thank that you alway do me a help.since i was on tech forums, i have gained my knowledges alot, and i hope you still continue to hepl!
sorry mark!
heng

Hello Heng,

It is not that it is a hard time. It is just that with the machines in question being production machines i would hate to see some bad advice to be given and some productivity to be lost cause of it.

It is more being n the side of precaution than anything. I would really hate to see something that would adversly affect your work machines and have them go down and be forced to reinstall cause of some advice given. That is all i am getting at.

On another note i dont know much of hte Registry to know what keys to look for to modify to what you want. That is why i suggested a Group Policy cause that would be your best bet to get it implemented across the network. Without haveing to go to every machine and do the Registry edits.

We will continue to do our best to help everyone as much as we can. but for this situation i have to be on teh side of caution cause of the circumstances.

Cheers,
Mak :D

hello mak!
i am feel happy that what i do is not your hard time.
thank you for your suggesion but i am a bit poor of it.so i need our frinds help
and i will try my best to do it.ok don't worry mark every advice, i alway try it on my personal compuer. after it work properly i just do it at my work place.
any problems will post later.
still say thank to you mark.
cheers,
heng

hello forrestcupp
yes, the begining i have problem with couldn't access thos things, and after this problem, let me
think to how to protect the registry from harmfull users who try to do bad think on it. the problem is folow up like this. hope you don't mind it.
thank you alot forrestcupp!
cheer,
heng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom