cant open regidit, run,......

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaingsokheng

Baseband Member
hello all!
i think may be my computer is attacted by virus, becuase i can not open run, regedit, gpedit.msc, taskmanager..... and on my start menu doesn't appear run ,control panel, search.i don't know what to do pls hepl me!
thanks!
heng:happy:

Hello,

What OS are you using? If you are using XP Home this is a known issue. There is no way for you to edit the Group Polcies in XP Home. It just isnt there. Plus if you are not the Admin you can not edit the Registry as well.

Cheers,
Mak

hello!
i use Xp professional and user i login is group admin, problem is that there were sth change in registry. the change caused run, search, control pannel dissappear from start menu. pls help me how to change registry in order to make run, search, control pannel come back?
chere!
heng

You could also just try doing a System Restore to a date before you screwed up your registry. The registry is one of the things that gets restored, so that will take care of your problem for you without you even having to try to figure out what you screwed up.

Then in the future, be careful when you're doing registry hacks and always back up your registry.

hello !
thank you alot that advice me to do a system restore i have already done it, but just wanna gain my knowledge like i want to change registry manualy by run regedit. doing change in regedit to show or hide sth like run, search, conrole pannel, window game, accessory, ..... as my works required.
becuase at my work place there are some worker playing window game at work time or doing sth not related to work so i would like to ask your help please advise to me how do i change registry through running regedit to show or hide the object above?
thanks,
heng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom