cant open folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
ok, i created a new folder on my desktop, then moved some mp3 files into it, but when i try to open it, it says its not accessible, access denied, i actually made 2 folders, 1 will let me in, yet when i click on the files in the folder it says this: Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct. this is actually my friends pc.. also while i'm here.. there's no sound when playing a dvd on the computer, yet there's sound with everything else. any help is appreciated

i got into the folder but it still wont let me play the files.. or move them out of the folder, it keeps telling me to make sure the disk is not full or right-protected... and still access is denied, and the hdd isnt corrupt... any other ideas?

it's one of the 2 methods mentioned above. run a checkdisk.
Did this folder come from another drive that xp had with a password to login?

One of my kids did something like this. They copied a shortcut into a folder instead of the actual file. "But that file works on my friend's computer". Not that this is what you did, but I guess it is possible that you only got the shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom