Can't open anything but google chrome!!! Need help!!

FCota

Beta member
Hello everybody, I was removing programs from the add/delete programs tool in the control panel, when suddenly most icons were changed to .ink and the ones who weren't appeared as if Windows had never opened them.

I can't open regedit or .exe files either, nor .reg, it says 'Windows needs to know what program created it' I don't know what to do i tried to access regedit from command.com in system32 but It won't allow me, I can't open Jcreator, or paint, nothing, not from direct acces or the programs menu.

I am really at my wit ends as to what to do, I just deleted what I thought malware, spyware or useless things.. if someone can help me I will highly appreciate it. I would give a link with a print screen of how the icons look but I can't open paint and don't know how.

Also I am not sure if this is the forum where I should be posting this, so please bear with me or please redirect me to a more appropriate forum.

I already fixed it, thanks anyhow. I could open the regedit entry from the task manager (ctrl+alt+supr) then file, then run. In the command window,I typed REGEDIT.EXE I went to file>Import and opened a few .reg files I found on the web said to fix the .com .reg and .exe file extension problems and then restarted the computer, the files fixed it, except for a powerpoint icon and a jcreator icon, but both of the icons work. I think the problem was related to some sort of strong SirCam virus or having two anti-virus run together which I've read it's not recommended.

Back
Top Bottom