Can't No Create A Limited User Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

leorock

Beta member
HI GUYS: I'M USING WIN XP PRO AND MY MACHINE IS A DELL 2350.
WHEN I TRY TO CREATE A LIMITED USER ACCOUNT IN THE CONTROL PANEL I CAN'T BECAUSE THE KIND OF ACCOUNT CREATED IS ALSO AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT, IS LIKE THE SYSTEM DOESN'T REALIZE THAT THERE'S AN ADMIN. ACC. WORKING ALREADY, I HAD AN O/S SYTEM CRASH AND I HAD TO REINSTALL IT
AGAIN, BEFORE THIS SITUATION EVERYTHING WAS OK CREATING DIFF. ACOUNTS, I'M TELLING YOU THIS IF IT COULD HELP, WHAT CAN I DO? IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME I REALLY WILL APPRECIATE IT, THANKS!!

alright heres the deal,..when you create a user account..after typing the name...the next window that pops up allow you to decided whether this new account is admin or limited....does this window pop-up?

YES, THE WINDOW POPS UP, BUT IT COMES WITH ADMNIS. SELECTED AND THE LIMITED OPTION COMES GRAYED OUT SO THERE'S NO OPTIONS

alright try going into the "Computer Management", use the "Local Users and Groups" to create the user accounts. right click and "new user"

thanks devlish96, it worked with the computer management and i could create the limited user account, but still is impossible to create the account from the "user accounts" in control panel, so if you or someone else knows why this is happening and let me know it would be great, but thanks again and anyway i can manage my accounts again.

actually i have no clue why it happens,..a friend of mine had the same problem a couple of weeks back. my only guess would be that the guest account is turn on. however,..im not even sure if that is the problem.

thanks microbel for your reply,my pc is a stand alone one, as i said at the begining there's something wrong in my pc that doesn't allow me to create a limited user account from the control panel, using the administrator account when i try to create a new account the window comes with administrator selected and the limited option grayed out, so the only option i have using control panel is to create another administrator acount (?????????) . the option that devlish96 showed me worked and i could create a limited user account but no way trying from the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom