Cant move item to desktop! Help ASAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergyy

Solid State Member
okay, im not sure if this belongs in this forum, but
i have a .rar file and theres only one file inside it. i want to put that file on my desktop but whenever i do, it does nothing... nothing appears on my desktop.
when i try to drag it into the program i am editing it with, HexEditor, it says 'drag and drop failed' then the diagnostic message 'there are no more files' whats wrong?

Google for WinRar. Download it. Install it. Right click on the rar file and use the extract here option. Then after that drag and drop or cut and paste the file onto the desktop.

Cheers,
Mak

Do you have WinRar or any compression program that will decompress rar format installed? Windows doesn't handle rar format like it does zip files.

No, i mean like, i have winrar, i can open the rar file but i cant take the file inside it out and put it on my desktop or put it on my HexEditor.

you know, when you open a rar file, its the file in the rar file. if you get what i mean.

Did you extract the file like i said? Just opening WinRar and seeing the file isnt extracting it. It is still enclosed in the Rar archive. You have to extract it at some point to be able to access it and use it.

Cheers,
Mak

the rar file is on my desktop, yes, i click extract here and it flashes the extracting thing for about half a second (had to screenshot to see it) and then nothing happens.

The rar file might be corrupted then. If it doesn show the file on the desktop then.

Cheers,
Mak

Could have gotten corrupted in the transfer from his PC to yours. Did you download it or use a USB Drive to get it to your PC?

Cheers,
Mak

the rar file is on my desktop, yes, i click extract here and it flashes the extracting thing for about half a second (had to screenshot to see it) and then nothing happens.

It sounds like it extracted. Just not where you wanted it. Do a search and if it didn't put somewhere else like your documents folder for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom