Can't Log On - XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrbug08

Beta member
I can't log on my laptop. It is a Gateway Laptop with XP. I've tried running it in safe mode and clicking on the Administrator and trying admin, administrator in both upper and lower case, as well as just hitting enter with no password at all. This does not work. I don't know much about the computer. My son usually handles all that and he is unavailable and will be for sometime. I've read different things about using another hard drive. Is there anything else I can try besides the hard drive option. Like I said I don't know anything about it or how to go about it. If no other option, can anyone explain the hard drive option to me in very simple, simple terms.

Thanks.

Call your son and ask for the right password and username. Should be administrator but he could have changed it.

another option if the data is worth that much you could buy http://www.winternals.com/ (winternals) and that allows you to change the admin password if it were forgotten. If the data wasnt all that important you could do the universal fix Reinstall the OS lol

Can you login as Guest until he's available? You can still do some things, and save to a diskette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom