Can't log into Windows 2000 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudlife

Solid State Member
This is on Windows 2000:

I right clicked computer to access System. Then I clicked on the Computer Name tab.

Then I clicked on Network ID. I clicked next, for Home use, then next, then I read

"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."

Anyways I clicked close because this is not what I wanted. BUT it popped up a screen that said need to be restarted to save changes.

I said WHAT? Anyways I didn't think much more of it because I didn't think it would cause any problems.

After I restarted the computer........it showed a log in screen.........

I have no idea how to remove the login and I can't access anything beyond the login.......everytime I tried some username and password it says check to see if they are correct.

I've tried safe mode....doesn't work.

This is really weird because it's supposed to help you connect to a network. However, there is no network to connect to. So how can I just access Windows???

I need help. Please anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In addition, how do you get rid of that announying Login prompt? I mean like, make it so that it never pops up again. (For windows 2000, and xp.)

in safe mode did you see turn off networking? try hitting spacebar or just hitting enter

yes i already tried it in safe mode. without networking. And it still shows the login prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom