can't log into account in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
My friend's computer is a dell running Vista Home Premium and is pretty new as in a few months, his dads account works fine but at the logon screen if you click his name and try to log in on his account you get this message "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" and then does nothing but give you the option to click OK and then it takes you back to the logon screen. I wasn't sure what was going on but I ended up just deleting his account and making a new one. This worked for about a week or two and now it's doing it again. Any thoughts as to what's going on?

kk thanks I'm going back over there tomorrow so I'll give that a try and see what happens

I doubt that will do anything...

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?
Logging into the working account and tried a System Restore?
Logging into the working account and renaming the profile that is messed up?
Have you tried a Repair Install?

If none of these work, then a Reg Edit is in order.

Osiris I haven't tried any of those, they have not changed anything or downloaded anything they said they just turned it on and he couldn't get on his account and if it was an issue like that wouldn't it have fixed it when I deleted his account and made a new one?

well after my cousin called me up having the same problem I finally started doing some hardcore searching and I looked into the reg edit and I found this
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/1...-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
went through that on both my friends computer and my cousins and it worked on both of them so I gotta say thanks Osiris for that idea cause that's what worked, im so proud of myself for actually getting it done lol ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom