Can't Load Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder4765

Baseband Member
For a while I was running a Dual OS system, both Windows XP Pro and Linux RedHat 9...I stopped using RedHat so I decided to get rid of it, anyway instead of uninstalling it with the CD's I just used Windows Disk Management to delete the partition it was on and reformat it and make that space a new windows partition...now when I try and restart my computer it just says GRUB in the top left hand corner and doesn't load windows...I have no idea what to do for this,

You need to remove the GRUB loader. The issue is in the config you setup with linux. Due to you using a linux boot loader, you need to rebuild the MBR. If my memory serves, the last time I came arross this scenario, I had to reformat the disc after I cleared the partitions. But that was with Mandrake Linux, so I'm not sure if you will have more luck or not...

I use the restore mbr on my drive image 7 cd. using the fixmbr on the xp cd has the same effect

Ya, thanks...I ran the Windows XP recovery console and did the fixmbr, that worked great...thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom