can't install WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadRussian

Baseband Member
hey guys, i've been trying to install wow for the past week but with no luck, i've tried using my CDs, downloading it but to no luck.

I've turned off my internet, antivirus, all running programs etc.

my system

windows vista ultimate
evga 680i LT
8800 GTS g92
q6600
3 gb ocz platinum ram
400gb wd 7200 rpm hdd (2x)
200 gb wd 10000 rpm hdd (1x)
500 gb samsung 7200 rpm hdd (4x)

i'm trying to install it on the 400gb hard drive. i've tried installing it on the others but it still didn't work so i'm sure it's not a problem with the hard drive.

what happens when i install is it just locks up, there's no specific area during install where it locks up. can't use my mouse, keyboard, whatever. so i have to restart..

How odd it did when I linked to it,

Never mind which version of vista do you have 32 bit or 64 bit

Hello,

What is the error you get? Just saying it wont install without giving us what the error is will not help us help you. We need to know if it gives a error code and what else you have done to try and fix this.

Hae you tried to run check disk? Have you scanned your system for spyware and viruses with multiple scanners? Have you tried to defrag your hard drive?

WoW Forums -> Windows Vista

That thread does give many specific install issues. What to do if you dont have access to a folder that needs to be created among other things. It was linked form the thread that Silver posted.

So until we can get some info we can't really help.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

What is the error you get? Just saying it wont install without giving us what the error is will not help us help you. We need to know if it gives a error code and what else you have done to try and fix this.

Hae you tried to run check disk? Have you scanned your system for spyware and viruses with multiple scanners? Have you tried to defrag your hard drive?

WoW Forums -> Windows Vista

That thread does give many specific install issues. What to do if you dont have access to a folder that needs to be created among other things. It was linked form the thread that Silver posted.

So until we can get some info we can't really help.

Cheers,
Mak

what happens when i install is it just locks up, there's no specific area during install where it locks up. can't use my mouse, keyboard, whatever. so i have to restart..

this. i have vista ultimate 32 bit

You know you don't seem very grateful or polite when being offered help, I refuse to help you on this one

Hello,

Have you got updated drivers for all your components? Have you updated your chipset drivers along with your video card drivers and your audio drivers? Have you tried from Safe Mode? Have you tried to remove all yoru previous install attempts? Have you checked yoru event viewer to see if there is anything else failing at the same time? Have you run check disk on the hard drive to find and correct any errors that there may be?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Have you got updated drivers for all your components? Have you updated your chipset drivers along with your video card drivers and your audio drivers? Have you tried from Safe Mode? Have you tried to remove all yoru previous install attempts? Have you checked yoru event viewer to see if there is anything else failing at the same time? Have you run check disk on the hard drive to find and correct any errors that there may be?

Cheers,
Mak

i have updated drivers for everything, but i haven't tried installing in safe mode and i haven't defragged, so ill try that. ill get back to you

still unable to install, ran disk check, tried safe mode, defragged.

doesn't work.

this, in full detail, is what happens when i try to install.

run the installer
accept eula, specify path (c drive)
it installs all the tid bits in the beginning (up to 2%)
then when it gets to installing common.mpq it lags alot, i get like constant 2 - 10 second freezes until it just finally locks up, which could be at any percentage.

the highest i've gotten was 87% but it locked up and i had to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom