Can't install OS on new HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running into more issues:

I had the disc formatted to default. Had it plugged in as master by itself and every time I try to install, it keeps going through the same part of the setup. Ask for partition, then to format, then to copy system files, then restarts computer and does the same thing all over again. If I take the CD out and try to boot from HD then it says "boot disc failure insert system disc"

I've tried this with the jumpers in the master setting, cable select setting and cable select 32GB setting. In the 32 GB setting I even tried formatting in FAT, NFTS is the only option in the other jumper modes.

I'm open for suggestions,

Thanks

try this.

take your cmos battery out hold down your power button for 30 seconds. put it back in (or just clear the cmos if you know how)

take your ram out. turn computer on. it won't boot, but should beep. turn it off. do this once more time. put ram back

set your bios to boot cd first then hdd second

delete your hdd with power max (in my signature). now reinstall windows

I had your issue once, that was how I fix it

Tried the battery and memory thing, but every time I try the powermax hdd utility, it says to close my write protect tab on the diskett. It is closed and I've tried different discs and opened and shut the tab to see if it makes a difference.

I forgot about this wipedisc cd I had from a buddy (never used it before) but I got that going right now and it is 10% done with the 1st of 3 wipes of the hdd (probably going to take a couple of hrs at this rate). Hopefully it will yield similar results to the powermax cleaning.

I forgot about this wipedisc cd I had from a buddy (never used it before) but I got that going right now and it is 10% done with the 1st of 3 wipes of the hdd (probably going to take a couple of hrs at this rate). Hopefully it will yield similar results to the powermax cleaning.

let me know

Looks like I won't be at it again until Monday (office computer). Nearly 3 hrs and it is only 50% through with the 1st wipe so I guess it will take until tomorrow early morning to get completely finished.

But I will definitely let you guys know if it works then.

Thanks again for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom