cant install nt xp works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
We have a computer (just so happens to be a dell) that we are having problems with. For some reason it seems to not like windows nt and only windows nt. Two nights ago the computer crashed. When you start windows nt the does some what of a lock up at the windows nt screen. you can still move the mouse but it just sits there. When you try to reinstall, it starts loading the drivers from the cd into the ram. Once it gets to cd-rom file system, the screen flashes and reboots the computer. We have swapped out every piece of hardware except the processor and mb. The computer has absololutly no problem installing windows 2000 or windows xp. I find this a little odd. Any ideas what might cause this?

I concur about the NEED for NT..it is so horrid for what we available to us now. Good for its time though. I would say try a differnt NT workstation CD if available.

nt is needed. the computer is used for running older industrial printing software. I have tried several different cd's, some new, some burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom