cant install msi files, hmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
hello there, i posted a question about this a couple of weeks ago as well but i just left it at that because nothing worked. Recently i tried fixing the problem because i really need to install the python interpretor but could not. I tried downloading and installing the microsoft installer 3.1 three times! that didnt help much because i get an error message saying

"not enough storage available to process this commad" and then it says "installation did not complete".

who can help me?,

im on a vista home basic.
thank you:).

That means you need to Right click and Run As Admin.

Have to remember Vista doesnt give you a Admin account. It is just a Power User account with Admin Rights. The True Admin account is hidden and locked away.

What is a .msu file? I know of .msi but not .msu....

They are installer files. They are not meant to be extracted. They are meant to be double clicked and installed. They can not be extracted.

on the link you gave me there are about 7 options. one for win xp,64bit etc. and for the vista it says "x86 Platform: Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu"

,lol all this just to install a msi..:eek:

Get the version that you need...

x86 is for 32 Bit and so on. MSU...Microsoft Update Standalone Packages

nah that didnt work mak:), i tried that before. I found an old post on a forum where it said open the .msu with wusa.exe in system32 but that didnt work (it did update and stuff but didnt help much).

:D:D:DAnyways... i FOUND THE SOLUTION!!:D:D:D

so for anyone else who comes along this path get this app msi to exe compiler

(its free and it works!!).

-cheers everyone!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom