Can't install drivers in Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuxology

Solid State Member
Hi,

I just put together an inexpensive P4 1.8 GHz system and can't get the Geforce 5500 video driver to load or the motherboard driver. Board does not have onboard video. (ECS L4VXA2) I've also put Xandros Linux and WinXP(on separate drives) on this system and those seem fine on the unit. I've loaded operating systems and drivers on other computers before but have never seen this. I did a search of this fabulous site but could not find an exact match. Has anyone seen this before ? Any ideas ?

Here are the error messages I get:

1. An error occurred while launching the setup 0x80040702

2. X An installation support file C:\program files\common files\Installshield\engine\6\intel 32\objectps.dll' could not be installed. Access is denied. OK (Button)

3. Error: Access violation at 0x00490102(tried to write to(0x01AB21CO) program terminated.

Thanks.

Are you using the correct driver for the card that are designed for Win 98 and not the ones made for XP? That would be my first question.

Just checked the nVidia site the drivers should be 81.98 last update for them was in Dec of 2005.

The driver intro screen has Win9X as one of the choices yet does not work. And the driver that came with the motherboard won't load either...seems like that should load into any version of Windows. I've been trying to think of something in the BIOS that would cause this. I guess I need to dig deeper.

Is it a PCI-E card or a AGP card? If its PCI-E i dont think you will find a solution. 98 doesnt support PCI-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom