Can't get Windows to install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneArmedScissor

In Runtime
So I tried installing windows...
It formats, etc., but then when it goes to copying the files, it either freezes or it says some file won't copy.
So installed a new hard drive and tried installing windows again. but the same thing happens... formats the disk, but then screws up when it starts copying the files.
I've tried installing from 3 different Windows disks... wtf?
This is Windows XP Pro, BTW.

I also installed a new mobo (DFI UT SLI DR Expert), and when I went to reinstall windows... this started happening... what's the deal?

I had a version of X64 Windows and it installed fine on my MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard set up, etc...

Then I exchanged that mobo for a DFI UT SLI-DR Expert... I hooked up everything and tried to install...
It always gets to the part where it copies the files and then it either says

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Or it just freezes during the copying process.

I've tried XP Pro, Home, and X64 and this always happens.

Sweet! Glad you got that worked out. Memory might have just needed a good reseed or one of those slots was shot. Did the install complete?

now some mobos can use two diff kinds of memory, you might have 4 slots for memory but actually you can only have 2 diff sticks, one set for one color, another set for the other color, maybe thats what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom