Cant get updates or access microsoft websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. From the web sites that you can't access, it sounds just like the Conficker worm. Here is a web site that tells you how to remove it. You may have to access the site and tools from another computer because Conficker will probably block it.

ok so i can access trendsecure but i can not install the program. I can also access the windows live onecare website but I cannot run the scan every time I do I get error code 0x08402405. So if you guys think its a good idea i can just wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything. I do not mind doing this i do not have a lot of things on the computer just a few papers that i have typed.

If you dont mind doing that then go ahead. As your system is infected. Just back up those papers and format and reinstall.

found this on ms site, see if it helps before re-formating.

To further confuse the issue, error 0x08402405 usually means there is a conflict between your AV/AS and the scanner. The programs that are known to cause this error are AVG, Avast, and Kaspersky. If you use one of these, try running with it disabled. Remember that you will be without AV/AS for a while so disconnect from the internet once the scanner starts.

There is one other cause: click TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > Advanced tab. Be sure at least one of these are selected: SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, OR TLS 1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom