Can't get the Computer boot "Nuke and Boot" from the CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the ISO you downloaded, then there is no need to extract it. Use the Create/Burn Image option, select you're burning an Image, select the image (the ISO file) and burn it.

windows-burn-ashampoo-options.jpg

Menu should be something similar to the one above, if not totally correct.

If it's the ISO you downloaded, then there is no need to extract it. Use the Create/Burn Image option, select you're burning an Image, select the image (the ISO file) and burn it.

windows-burn-ashampoo-options.jpg

Menu should be something similar to the one above, if not totally correct.

Got it. I'll try it later and let you know how it goes. Thanks guys.

Do NOT extract ISO files. They are Images of the item in question and are not to be extracted. If the icon showing is a WinRar icon that is only due to the fact you have that program slated to be the default for that file type. That does NOT mean you extract it. You just burn them as is.

I have written several tutorials on how to do this with several programs from free to pay per use.

Burning ISO Images to a CD or DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, Alcohol 120% and MagicISO.

OK guys, its working. The "Boot and Nuke" program is doing its thing. Unfortunately, I forgot to put on my safety goggles. My retinas burned out. Sigh.........no one ever tells you this stuff............

Thanks.

I thought that would be implied. I mean the programs name is "boot and NUKE". Kinda hard not to know that you would need sunglasses. Even at night...

.......installing "Boot and Nuke".........hit enter..........hmmmmmmmm.............that's odd........counting down 10......9.....8.........uh oh............running away in slow motion........4.....3..........diving.........1.......boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.....................................

To be continued.

On to the next problem........

Did the "Boot and Nuke" last night. Despite the burned retinas, seemed to work perfectly.

Trying to reinstall XP on the system this morning. Got the orange reinstallation CD in hand. Place it in the D drive. Turn on system and.........not working. Not even sure if its reading the D drive. I can't even open the E drive, the 2nd CD/DVD drive, to try that out. Won't respond to me pressing the button.

I continuously get the "strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility" message. Can't get it to work. Tried going into F2 system setup. Changed the setting to boot off drive. didn't work. Hit F1 bunch of times. Didn't work. Went into setup in F12 with different options. Nothing seemed to work. Back to same message. Hit F1, just beeps each time. Nothing happens. Same message.

Read somewhere to hold power button in for 30 seconds and retry. Didn't work. Pressed every Function button on Startup. Nothing worked.

Reinstallation is fun, isn't it?...........sigh............help?

UPDATE: Hit F12 on Startup, Choice "7", "IDE Drive Diagonostics" and......says "Primary IDE, Drive 0: ST380011A......Drive 1, No IDE device.......Secondary IDE, Drive 0: D drive infol, Diagnostics Not Supported, Drive 1: E drive info., Diagnostics Not Supported".

Then asks to hit F1 to continue or whatever...still doesn't work.

UPDATE: Tried changing in F2 System Menu the "OS Install Mode" to ON....didn't work...just seemed to eat more memory but back to same error message.....switched it back to OFF.

FYI, information: Dell Dimension 3000, Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHZ, 1 GB Memory, 80 GB HD.
Reinstallation DVD, Win XP Media Center Version 2005 with Update Rollup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom