Can't find Windows stop error dump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiszerg

Baseband Member
As the title says... I'm having some trouble with windows and stop messages. For starters I can't even find the dump file windows creates. lol Is there like a default location for these to go to?

EDIT* I still can't find the files but I did write down the stop codes...

This is the first one: 0x0000000c2 (0x0000000c7 0x000000cd4 0x02280000 0x85740008)

and the second one: 0x00000000A (0x000420004 0x0000000FF 0x000000002 0x804dc9d0)

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

I am sure those topics would be of interest. The dump files are usually stored in C:\Windows\minidump.

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

0Xc2

RAM Error

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X0a

Another RAM error. Run MemTest86+.

Dang double Ram errors. :eek: I found the dump files but I can't view them. heh I suppose there's a program out there that can open them eh? One thing at a time though.

I'll run MemTest thanks

ouch... 480-488 errors with the mem test... :(:(:(

Not sure if that was 488 errors total or what. I guess 5ish year old ram will do that... lol time for a new computer soon.

I put the ram in different slots.. never know. lol we can all pray and hope.

Well technically the IRQL not less or equal could be a Driver issue. But since the first BSOD was a RAM, i went with that. Looks like my suspicion was right.

Yes it does take a specific program to open and view the dump files. WinDMG to be exact.

Alright well I isolated the problem and it seems like I got a stick of ram with a few bad spots on it... It only crashes when playing World of Warcraft though. Thanks for the help fellas.

To view files that you cant see you should go to the copmuter icon and then go to organize. From organize go to folder and search options. Then go the the view tab and then choose show hidden files and folders and also uncheck hide protected operating system files. That may enable you to view the files.

To view files that you cant see you should go to the copmuter icon and then go to organize. From organize go to folder and search options. Then go the the view tab and then choose show hidden files and folders and also uncheck hide protected operating system files. That may enable you to view the files.

You still need the Windbg files in order to decode them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom