Cant find this program.. been looking for a while..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolkien

Baseband Member
Hello,

Well, most of you should know who I am by now ;) anyways, I have one question and a concern which has been bugging me for quite a while now.

I cannot find a program that will allow me to view (one option) and/or control (other option), by control and view i mean being able to have the graphical computer screen live on my own computer, w/ one option to just view, and if needed, take control over the other computer. This has to be done so that the computer being viewed has no idea they're being viewed (not a big computer nerd who'll check ports, i'm just talking about a normal user.. )

The final thing, this has to be FREE...

All the programs I've found arnt free and are w/ trial periods.. please help! :p

i dont understand what you mean sounds like you want to be able to monitor or remote control another pc silently and in real time if thats the case its treading dangerously on the lines of a virus. there is a program called pro rat which can be used as a virus and can be detected by AV as a virus. i personally wouldnt recomend it but thats all i can think of, you can google pro rat but jsut make sure you know what your doing and read everything

No no,

I mean control computers on my network, I'm a network admin... and there are computers..

The programs I've dealt with do this:

+install host module on computers in network
+install admin module on my computer
+ add computers via inter-network ips
+ set firewall admissions for the program
+ computers appear on list, i have the option to view REAL TIME what they're doing (graphically, i.e. I see the screen), and i could take control over the pc.. (i.e. my keyboard and mouse become its keyboard and mouse)

All the programs i've seen though are not free..

Windows has it built in ... I think it's called Remote Desktop ... but yeah VNC is another method.

But I just have to ask ... you're a network administrator and you haven't heard of VNC or Windows Remote Desktop?

I'm a network administrator at my house. :p
lol
I have 4 computers; and i set up a little network... my mom wants to monitor my sisters computer from hers.. so i was looking into it.. how hard is vnc? remote desktop the person has to accept your request dont they?

lol admin at house lawl...anyways
no VNC doesnt need a request but i dont think you can just monitor wihtout taking control, have you tried googling some monitoring software like "007 spysoft" will keep a record of her keystrokes and websites and take screenshots every few mins

snypercore said:
[Bno VNC doesnt need a request but i dont think you can just monitor wihtout taking control[/B]

tightVNC will let you just view the screen. you just have to check the box that says "View only" and you don't need a request as long as you know the password, which you set. The only thing that I have not been able to get around is that when you log on, vnc takes away the background of the host computer, so the user can tell when you have logged on.

i use ultravnc...allows u to view and or control. rdp will not allow either as easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom