Can't find a program in Add/Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haoming

Baseband Member
Hello, I just realized that my Add or Remove Programs list has been shortened by quite a bit. I'm trying to uninstall one of my programs, but it's not listed. The program also doesn't have its own uninstaller. Is there any way i can get it to show on the Add/Remove Programs list again? It was there when i first installed it...

(I'm using WinXP Home w/ Media center)

Thanks.

its Panda Antivirus Titanium and yes its in Program Files.
But whne I try to delete the folder in Prog Files, it gives me one of those "Access Denied" popups

First Phase:

- Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Then expand the Services and Applications section and click on Services.
- On the right-side of the screen, find the entry for InstallDriver Table Manager and double-click on it.
- Change the Startup Type: to Manual.

Completely Uninstall Panda from your computer.

Click Start > Run > and type in:

services.msc

Click OK.

In the services window find:

Panda Function Service

Right click and choose "Properties".

On the "General" tab under "Service Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service.

Beside "Startup Type" in the dropdown menu select "Disabled".

Click Apply then OK.

Perform the same process with the following services:

Panda Process Protection Service
Panda anti-virus service
Panda Antispam Engine
Panda Network Manager
Panda IManager Service
Panda TPSrv

Exit the Services utility.

Note: You may get an error here when trying to access the properties of the service.
If you do get an error, just select the service and look there in the top left of the main service window and click "Stop" to stop the service. If that gives an error or it is already stopped, just skip this step and proceed with the rest.

How to Manually Uninstall Panda from your computer:

Note: Make sure you backup (Export) your registry to the desktop before proceeding with this process.

In order to uninstall the Panda Antivirus Titanium program manually proceed as follows, deleting the entries in the Registry and files detailed below. However, if at any time the entries or files cannot be found, continue with the uninstallation process, as depending on the version installed the files or entries may or may not exist.
Follow the steps below:
First attempt to remove Panda from Control Panel, Add remove programs. Once this is done, make sure that there are no Panda Services running in the Services section in Control panel. Ensure they are stopped and set to disabled.
Open the Registry from Start, Run, write REGEDIT, and click on OK. Highlight 'My Computer' at the top of the list, then go to 'Edit' and 'Find'. Type 'panda' into the box and then click on 'Find Next'. This will search the Registry for panda files. When it brings up a folder or file, press 'delete' or right-click on the highlighted file/folder and select 'delete' from the menu to remove it. Then press 'F3' to search again and find the next Panda entry.
Continue to search and delete Panda entries in the Registry until no more entries are found. Then repeat this process, this time searching for 'pav'. When both searches are complete, close the Registry and restart the computer.
Once this operation has been carried out, using Windows Explorer delete the Panda Software folder that is below C:\Program files. You should also delete the following files Windows \system: PAV.SIG, APVXD.VXD, APVXDUT.VXD, PANDA.CHP.
By carrying out these operations, Panda Antivirus Titanium will be uninstalled.

so basically therewill be no access denied message if i attempt to delete it in safe mode?

how do i run in safe mode again?

tried the 2nd step but to no avail...
it still said access denied (even in safe mode)

check msconfig and make sure there are no entries in there and if there is , uncheck it and reboot and try again

i deleted all the reg files with "panda" and "pav" but some of the reg files also gave me the "access denied" msg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom