Can't extract files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb11

Baseband Member
I use my start up disk and pick use with cd support. I use the extract tool and try to extract two dll files off the windows me cd. The thing is when it scans the cd it can't find either one of these dll files. I checked the cd and the two files are listed so why does it say no matching files after it scans the cd?

what are you trying to do, install winME? by extract tool you mean manually locate files because the winME installation program cannot find these files and giving you errors?

if so maybe you should try to use a different newer cd-rom/ dvd-rom drive to install it or if you have a burnt copy the copy was made badly. or CD is scratched

I can't open my network tool in control panel so I want to extract two dll files from my windows me cd. I think the two dll files on my computer may be damaged so that's why I want to extract them from the cd. The thing is when the extract tool in the start up disk runs a scan of the cd it tells me that there is no matching files for the dll files that I need. I don't know why they can't be found.

Talking about netdi and netos?
Let me know what .CAB file they are in and I'll grab them for you, zip them up and place them as an attachment on my next post.

-Mike

Hi Mike:

Yes they are the ones and are in precopy1 cab file. Do you have any idea why I can't extract them off of my own windows cd?

Thats really strange....I dunno
I'm just exploring the CD and using winace to extract the files from the cab file.

It's a file that too big to attach here....can I email it to you?

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom