Can't enter user name and pwd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancunian

Beta member
Hi All,

I am having a problem with explorer 6 with windows xp. I am on a university site which requires me to enter my user name and pwd. I enter the info and click enter. The screen flashes and it returns to the empty fields for me to enter the info again. I have checked the java, cookies, deleted temp files. It worked ok a few times but not now. I am able to enter info into the feilds but it does not go through and returns to the blank feilds. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

When it returns that means the user authentication is wrong. Make sure you are typing everything correctly, caps lock is OFF, and be sure you campus doesnt have some sort of lockout procedure that coule prevent you from getting through...also if your on a laptop I've seen hundreds of times where the number lock key will be on and rather than typing letters it will type numbers. Just some ideas.

not that

I have tried on laptops and pc's. The user name is correct and so is the pwd. No caps on by mistake. Tried on a different laptop and it worked once then the second time it failed. There are no error messages, it just flips back to an empty feild after enter is hit. Usually it would say incorrect user name etc.

Do other websites on the internet work fine on your computer? If so, i would contact the system admin or whoever is in charge of the website at the university and see if they are having any complaints from other people. The website may be experiencing technical problems.

I did and they said nobody else has complained. It is frustrating. They say nothing is wrong.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom