Can't Edit Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

contemptor

Baseband Member
Not sure if this is the right forum but...
It seems my bios is like it's read only or something. Everything that I can select is dark grey instead of white like it is when normally selectable. For example, I just installed a DVD burner, and I can open the secondary slave thing or w/e, but I can't set anything. I can't even disable my cd drive or anything if I wanted. What do I need to do to fix this?

Built it- Syntax MB and Phoenix bios. It used to be editable. When I installed another hard drive I had to edit it to switch the master/slave hard drive and stuff. Later I tried and realized I can't.

only for the bios it will, like if you are over clocked right now, it will be back to default, boot options will be changed back to default, etc. Nothing in windows will be changed

I reset my bios and could edit everything fine. I edited everything and put a new password back on. Today I installed my new hard drive, and noticed it was locked again. Did it have something to do with me putting a password on it, or whats going on?

Why use a password? You can password windows. The system password is redundant and locks the CMOS. Take It out.

So nobody could mess with my bios? I dunno. I guess i really didn't need one. Do I have to take out the battery again to get rid of it?

Yes you do and yes even with a windows password they can edit your bios because the bios option comes up before the logon does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom