Can't Drag files/folders in Windows2 2k (TweakUI Problem>?) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2006, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Biggie578
Default Can't Drag files/folders in Windows2 2k (TweakUI Problem>?)

Im running win2k sp4 and i installed windowblinds 4.6 which does work on 2k. I had a theme that I liked but it would cause firefox to crash upon shutdown. I played around with other browsers, and ultimetly decided to make a windows Scheme using the same colors, and I did. I had also used TweakUI to remove the "My Network Places" from my desktop. All was working fine, but i noticed a hidden file on my desktop that had to do with tweakUI and i deleted it by accident. Now, i cant drag any files or desktop icons. Also, i tried to uninstall tweakUI, but my when i go to add/remove programs, the list of installed programs dosent show.

EDIT: I also disabled some services and im thinking that is causing the problems.:

I also cant paste text that i coped..... so im guessing the clipboard isnt working? and when i tried to enable the services again, the properties page wouldnt come up, and when i tried to close the services page, it asks me to close all propertie windows.. and my AVG Email scanner isnt functioning either

Old 08-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Biggie578

Alright, I fixed it .

I went into my regisrty and set RunAs Service and another one (I dont remember, but I dont think it was the cause of my problem) and when i rebooted, draging, and copy paste works again! It seems as AVG is working fine too!

this is the page that helped me out and hopefully other ppl will find it useful.

BTW: I had no results with safe mode.
Closed Thread